Chaparral Compounding Pharmacy is a community and compounding pharmacy in Calgary that is dedicated to helping and supporting senior homes in the city. Our mission is to provide seniors with the best possible care and medication management while also supporting the staff and caregivers who work with them.
We will talk in this article first about the role of senior homes in Calgary and then will explain the services provided by Chaparral Compounding Pharmacy.
So, if you live in Calgary, Alberta, in any senior home or any form of care facility, and you need a pharmacy to fulfill your medication needs, this article is for you!
Role of Senior Homes in Calgary
When most people think of a “Senior Home,” they often envision a retirement home or an assisted living. However, in Calgary, there are a number of different types of senior homes that provide a variety of services to meet the needs of seniors.
Independent Living is designed for seniors who are able to live independently but may want or need some assistance with day-to-day tasks such as cooking, cleaning, or transportation. Senior homes that provide Independent Living services typically have a variety of amenities such as a fitness centre, swimming pool, and social activities.
Those are another popular option for seniors in Calgary. These homes are designed for individuals who are able to live independently but who also want to enjoy the benefits of a supportive community. Retirement homes typically offer a variety of amenities and services, such as social and recreational activities, transportation, and housekeeping.
Assisted Living is designed for seniors who need help with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and eating. Senior homes that provide Assisted Living services typically have a higher staff-to-resident ratio and provide 24-hour supervision.
Memory Care is designed for seniors who are living with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Senior Homes that provide Memory Care services typically have a secure environment with trained staff to care for seniors with dementia.
Long-Term Care (or Nursing homes)
Long-Term Care is designed for seniors who need 24-hour nursing care and supervision. Long-Term Care is typically provided in a nursing home setting.
Palliative Care is designed for seniors who are living with a terminal illness. Senior Homes that provide Palliative Care services typically focus on comfort and quality of life.
Respite Care is designed for caregivers who need a break from their caregiving duties. Senior homes that provide Respite Care services offer temporary care for seniors.
Senior homes and the different senior care facilities play an important role in Calgary by providing a variety of services to meet the needs of seniors. Senior homes provide a safe and comfortable environment for seniors to live in and offer a variety of amenities and activities.
Services Provided by Chaparral Compounding Pharmacy
Here are ten excellent services that Chaparral Compounding Pharmacy supports seniors in Calgary with, including:
- Free prescription delivery
- Free blister packs (and prompt change of those blister packs in case of medication change)
- Quick compounded medications service to ensure that the seniors receive their exact medicinal needs, including nice flavours and easy forms of medicine administration (small capsules, suppositories, suspensions, foams, creams, sprays, etc.)
- Working on Saturdays and Canadian statutory federal and provincial holidays such as Thanksgiving day, Remembrance day, Family Day, Easter, New Years’ Eve, Boxing Day, Labour Day, Canada Day, Christmas, Good Friday, etc.
- Continuous medication review with the seniors’ physicians to ensure accuracy and timeliness of medicines administration
- Working with the senior homes to ensure complete conformance to any senior homes’ healthcare standards
- Provide over-the-counter medications with special seniors discounts
- Provide and administer a variety of injections, including conducting vaccine clinics such as COVID-19 and flu clinics at the premises of the senior homes to provide extreme convenience and care for seniors
- Deal with and advice on minor ailments that seniors may experience
- Phone calls to follow up with the senior patients
Chaparral Compounding Pharmacy is proud to support several seniors’ homes in Calgary by providing prescriptions, compounded medications, and over-the-counter products. Our mission for senior homes is to fulfill seniors’ health needs and enhance the healthcare standards in our city for seniors.
We are always looking for ways to improve all of our services.
If you are a manager (or a senior resident) in Calgary of a senior or retirement home, independent living, assisted living, memory care, long-term care or nursing homes, or palliative or respite cares, you can contact us at Chaparral Compounding Pharmacy to supply you with all medications needed for your senior residents.